Production Capacity Enhancement Through Constraint EliminationApplication of key management tools and process
Lean Manufacturing, Value stream Mapping, Industrial Engineering Time study
Manufacturing company specialized in auto chain manufacturing process could not able to increase the production beyond certain capacity even though there was huge demand. Management was contemplating for capex investment to increase plant capacity within short term.
- Conducted value stream mapping of the entire supply chain along with Team
- Identified critical equipment process cycle time was constraint for next level improvement
- Team was encouraged to improve the bottleneck process and came out with innovative solution of changing the coil feeding mechanism, which removed the constraint.
- Production output improved by 10 % without any major investment
- Team had learnt the process of constraint elimination and engaged for next level capacity enhancements.