Productivity Improvement and Order Service Level Improvement
Application of key management tools and process
Industrial Engineering -Methods Improvement, Line Balancing, Manpower Planning
Manufacturing company specialized in extrusion & assembly process struggled to meet the customer delivery commitments and not able to manage the backlog .Also management was concerned about the increasing conversion cost due to lower manpower productivity than industry standard.
- Conducted production study to understand the losses in extrusion and assembly process
- Identified the imbalance factor in assembly process.
- Re Line Balanced with customer’s demand
- Recommended different manpower configuration for fluctuating customer’s deman
- Customer demand was met consistently
- Manpower productivity increased by 32 % for given customer’s demand